Happy officially getting older, dear myself!

, , 2 comments
March 28th 2015.

I was officially 22 years. Ha ha ha.

I do remember when it was my 19th birthday, the first person who said “Happy Birthday to You” was the DVD Rental shop I subscribed. How lovely. Whoever its staff, who sent me that Happy Birthday text message, I love you. But who knows that was just an automatic text message? How perfectly pathetic.

This year’s birthday was actually as bad as the 19th. I understand that was a carma. A cute carma for me. Because last year, I forgot most all of my bestfriends' birthdays. They all complained me. They were all mad at me. I am so sorry, dear bestfriends.

So, the first who said happy birthday to me was Martin. How could he remember? Isn’t that amazing? No. He was online on Skype and Skype never forgets to give birthday reminder. The second person was my cute deskmate in high school, Galuh. We aren't really close actually, but we are kind of an everlasting deskmate who always sincerely help each other during the nightmare of the exams. The third person was Parth. It was so surprising that he called me from that super far away country which I believe he had to pay expensive enough. It was an amazing call, thank you :)

For you information, until noon I only got three happy birthdays. I was so sad. I didn’t know that carma hurt that much. How about my mother? She did not do that. It’s not her thing. Besides, everytime I complain her why she doesn’t say happy birthday to me, she always answers like this: “Oh my God..How could you think of me that way? I always pray for you more than 5 times a day, every single day. How could you complain me that way?” And I can only hug and kiss her. Father? He won't say before my mother says. What a sweet couple.

13:30 PM
When I was babysitting my cute niece, I saw some people in front of the house. I came to them and I could clearly see one of them hiding behind my cousin’s car. I didn’t know what he was doing. Then here that came..a failed surprise arranged by Nadia, Wika, Elva, Mas Iqbal and Alfian. The one who hid behind the car was mas Iqbal, he was carrying a small birthday cake which later on was conquered by Elva. I thought she didn’t eat for a week or so.
After take several silly self pictures, we talked and laughed for almost 1.5 hours. It was heavily raining and we could not go outside. So I decided to cook a big bowl of spaghetti for them which later on was attacked by Nadia. Before she went home, she thanked me so much that I helped her for her breakfast, lunch and dinner at the same time.

Dear mas Iqbal, thank you so much for sacrificing your energy, money and time, leaving from Sidoarjo to Malang just for surprising me.
Dear Wika and Elva, thank you so much for always be my library of life.
Dear Nadia, thank you for the failed surprise. Sorry that I messed it up. But seriously, that’s totally a failure hahaha! But please, please don’t bore yourself to give me the other failed surprises. I think I start to love it, indeed.
Dear Alfian, thank you so much for your abnormal appearance in my birthday. To be honest, I do feel that I am mad at you since you suddenly left my house without saying anything to me. I was Cooking the spaghetti For You and you treated me like a douchebag. Even if I was not important, you should say something to my parents before you left. but you didn't. It was my birthday. It occurred only once a year. How could you be that rude?
Dear a bestfriend who directly declared that you wanted to take revenge because I forgot your birthday, thank you so much. I am so sorry. I even didn’t know that you were hospitalized for a week few days ago. I know I make everything worse. I don’t know what to say. I don’t know what to do. I am so sorry.
Dear family and all friends who finally said happy birthday to me, thank you so much :)

I may not receive happy birthdays as many as several years ago. I may be getting older and change. But now I do know what I am struggling for and whom I am spending the hard labor days with.

will you believe that I was wearing a short pant?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this story. But I hope, you will do the same thing on my birthday ;)

    ReplyDelete