Officially Graduated.

, , No Comments
September 12th, 2015. Yep. I was officially graduated.

The graduation ceremony started at 7 am, exactly, in the morning. I got the first period of this odd semester's graduation. There were 1,058 students in the ballroom and I could see that all of us were having over-happy face expressions that explicitly shout out to the world, "Wohooooo! we are finally graduated from this super messy university! we are no longer suffering ourselves just for finding a space in parking slots for our motorcycles! We are no longer being pathetic witnesses of all the non-human activities caused by the principals and this year batch's 13,000 students! Thank God!!!!"

The graduation went well. Before it finished I have got lots of messages and missed calls from my best friends telling that they were waiting me in front of my faculty. How lovely :')

Before I went to my faculty, like the other graduated students, I spent time taking pictures with my family. Yes, taking pictures with the painting of library's bookshelf as the background.


Pardon the over makeup.

"Dear Mom and Dad, thank you for all the super struggling sweats you sincerely made every seconds, during these 18 years, just for making sure that I could keep studying at school. I could type no words to describe how I feel everytime I look at this photo and stare at your faces. Dear my sister, thank you for being very annoying and stubborn. I know you have lots of tremendous plans for your future, and don't worry, I will always be the one who support you so much when everyone drags you down"

The distance between the graduation ballroom and my faculty was far enough. Far enough when the sun shone brightly and you decided to walk with wearing 9 cm wedges and a traditional jarit. But, I really felt that the scout-adventure-like walk was worth it  after I saw them standing awkwardly in front of my faculty just for waiting for me:


Left to right: Minyul, I, Ghea

 "A 10 year togetherness can be counted as an everlasting friendship. We lately don't meet each other quite often but, once we do, we only need to look at each other's face expression when the other asks 'How are you' to completely figure out what has been happening. Minyuuul, Gheaaa thank you so much for the fucking amazing bouqette!!"


left to right: Uyun, Desfri, Ceri, I, Gum, Galuh

"How should I tell you about these girls? I can say that high school bestfriends are all holly-shit idiots and nuts, and, they are. Researchers state that when someone gets into new environment and interact in it for such a long time, he/she will change. Thus, people change everytime. I do admit that I have turned into a completely different woman by the time I got into my university life. But I do admit that I can't refrain my own self to automatically turn myself back into my high-school self when I am with them. It has been 5 years but it is so surprising that we are still having the same taste of humor"


a stubborn but super funny bestfriend: Mas Iqbal

"I honestly was quite surprised when he could come to my graduation day since he has been back to his hometown and is so busy with his job. When I saw him, I just wanted to jump and hug him but since it's forbidden, I could only hold his hand and smile. I could clearly see through his face, the way he gazed, the way his eyes looked and stared at, showing that he's tired. Thank you for coming to my graduation day. Your presence is truly a gift :)"


A sibling and a bestfriend: Wika


"I have been hitchhiking to her since we were in the 4th semester in university. I didn't ask her to do that, she kindheartedly wanted it. We recently found out that we are siblings, we have the same grand grandfather. After that, she kept telling this pathetic fact to our friends while I was busy rejecting what she stated. In that photo above, you could clearly see that I have happy-and-sad face expression. I was happy that you could come to my graduation day although you're late (as usual). But I was also very sad that, after we spent 8 months together working on our thesis in the library, I failed to help and motivate you more. You should know that everything we did together; the companion, the laugh, the talk, the stupid behaviors, are all priceless to me. I do hope you could be graduated this semester. Fight!"


Left to right: Briza, Mas Iqbal, I, Alfian (up), Chory, Wika (down), Merrys, Nurul, Yufan, Haykal (down)

"All in all, thank you so much for coming guys! I do love the gifts. Plus, I never expected that I am loved this much. Best wishes for each of you :)"



 "I got all I need when I got you and I
I look around me and see a sweet life
I am stuck in the dark but you are my flashlight
You are getting me, getting me, through the night
Kick start my heart when you shine it in my eyes
Can't lie, it is a sweet life"

0 comments:

Post a Comment